Instituto Familiar de la Raza seeks to actively respond to the public health emergency of COVID-19 impacting San Francisco’s Latinx community. COVID-19 is increasingly concentrated among low-income, monolingual Spanish speaking Latinxs. The primary goal of IFR’s COVID-19 Response Team is to deliver containment strategies (health education, case investigation, and contact tracing), increase access to testing, and provide psychosocial support, referrals and linkages to wrap-around social services.
The COVID-19 Response team is looking for a Senior COVID Health Educator who is enthusiastic, resourceful, and has experience working with the Latinx community. Under direct supervision, the Senior COVID Health Educator is responsible for leading education and outreach efforts to reach communities most impacted by COVID-19.
Essential Job Duties are, but not limited to the following:
- Analyzes the COVID health needs of the Latinx/Chicano/Indigena community in San Francisco
- Designs culturally relevant educational and promotional programs and resources
- Conducts training sessions to the community, other health educators, support groups and the community at large
- Organizes events to publicize the availability of COVID public health educational materials, tools and educational resources
- Assesses the success and effectiveness of the programs, materials, and resources
- Provides outreach to the public, and helping to connect individuals in need with available health care services, shelter, and other psychosocial needs
- Supports and leads training efforts for community health workers, pomotores
- Provides guidance and support to public health workers implementing programs to support COVID public health education
- Offers support and advocacy to improve available health services, resources, and policies aimed at promoting and enhancing public health.
- Participates in multi-media social marketing activities
- Collects service data and enter into database accurately
- Maintains required documentation and observes client confidentiality
- Work well with a multidisciplinary team, community partners and other collaborators
- Attend supervision, maintain reliable attendance and participation in team and agency meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, knowledge skills and abilities
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a two year degree in public health education or a health education certificate, plus two years of community based work experience (one year of relevant experience equates to one year of education, and vice-versa)
- Strong verbal and written English and Spanish skills, bicultural competence
- Ability to design and execute training sessions
- Some knowledge of COVID-19 public health measures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to follow protocols for individual and group interventions
- Ability to keep sensitive client information confidential and maintain ethical boundaries and professional conduct
- Available to work some evenings or weekend
- Proficiency in Microsoft/Google, Word, Excel and social media sites
Conditions of Continued Employment
- Must pass and maintain annual tuberculosis test
- Must pass Department of Justice Fingerprint screening pass
- Complete annual recurrent online training
This is a full time (35 hours/week), non-exempt position with full benefits. The hiring range for this position is $30.49 - $32.69 hourly depending on skills and qualifications.
All full time positions at IFR are eligible to participate in medical health benefit plans including dental, vision, sick leave, thirteen paid holidays and on-going opportunities for learning.
Please submit your resume and cover letter electronically in Word or PDF format to: [email protected] Please note that both a resume and cover letter are required for consideration.
Instituto Familiar de la Raza, is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, culture, age, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. People of color are encouraged to apply.