Sign-On Bonus Available¹
The Roadmap to Peace Initiative (RTP) is the collective effort of community stakeholders to address the needs of underserved Latinx youth vulnerable to street violence, justice involvement, and disconnected from learning opportunities. RTP is a community-based solution inspired and informed by decades of community prevention and culturally affirming strategies that work to heal Latinx youth and families. Grounded in a collective impact approach, Roadmap to Peace brings together diverse stakeholders to build community, remove barriers through policy change, and foster a comprehensive social support network for youth.
This initiative aspires to break the cycle of violence by engaging youth in healthy and healing relationships. RTP is committed to improving the social, economic health and safety outcomes of our most vulnerable Latinx youth, ages 13-24, in and from San Francisco.
RTP is seeking an enthusiastic administrative professional who is passionate about working with the Latinx community of San Francisco. The Program Assistant is part of the Core Staff team of the Roadmap to Peace Initiative, an initiative of Instituto Familiar de la Raza. This position will report directly to the Roadmap to Peace Initiative Director and provide a full range of skilled administrative, coordination, and operational support to the Initiative Director and to the core team. The position will also communicate and collaborate with care managers, program staff, service partners, and community partners to provide optimal support to the initiative.
Essential Job Duties
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative support to Director, such as daily calendar, scheduling meetings, preparing business correspondence, and other administrative duties as needed;
- Perform general administrative tasks, such as photocopying, answering calls, filing, and maintaining the office organized and professional in appearance;
- Take responsibility for logistical support for RTP meetings and conference calls e.g., scheduling, reminders, preparing agenda and handouts, preparing minutes, reserving meeting space, securing materials, catering arrangements, dealing with scheduling conflicts;
- Lead or participate in event planning and logistics, e.g., communications with vendors, catering arrangements, space reservations, guest speakers, and material production;
- Support with scheduling and logistics of initiative training;
- Maintain calendaring and scheduling of program space with core staff and initiative partners;
- Process payment requests for the initiative with the fiscal office and follow up on payments;
- Support with budget monitoring by maintaining expenditure/invoicing tracking and record-keeping system including all client-related resources;
- Procurement of office supplies, monitor and maintain office supplies and equipment/furniture inventory;
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials and any other official documents related to the work of RTP and ensure these are properly filed for easy accessibility and future reference;
- Assist with data collection and client/program record keeping as needed;
- Set up and implement file-sharing and online collaboration tools and ensure paper and electronic files for the initiative are maintained as needed;
- Support with initiative internal and external communications such as the production of the initiative newsletter, production of outreach materials, maintenance of stakeholder email lists, etc.;
- Manage RTP's social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Gmail and maintenance of the initiative website
- Maintain Licensing and website subscriptions organized and accessible
- Independently respond to diverse inquiries from internal and external partners and, where appropriate, direct these inquiries to appropriate staff/group for follow-up or action;
- Attend agency meetings, supervision, as well as training pertinent to the scope of work;
- Serve as liaison for initiative facility issues with the IFR facility manager, janitor, and the building where the initiative is located;
- Serve as liaison for initiative IT issues with agency IT manager;
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English)
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Proficient in Google programs
- Responsible, Conscientious, Strong Work Ethic
- Excellent communications skills,
- Ability to focus, manage time wisely, work independently and complete tasks on time; Problem Solver and has attention to detail
- Proactive, takes initiative and not afraid to ask questions
- Community-minded individual
- Knowledgeable of San Francisco
- Committed to a healthy lifestyle
- Knowledge of juvenile justice and experience within/at risk Latinx youth population
- Understanding and experience working with multiple stakeholder initiatives and/or projects, specifically collective impact projects
- Commitment to social, economic and environmental justice, bottom-up social change and building social movements.
CONDITIONS OF CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT
- High School or GED with two years of experience in a related field
- Must pass Department of Justice Fingerprint screening
- Annual (TB) tuberculosis testing
- Annual online mandated training
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. The hiring rate of pay will be based on an hourly rate of $25.50 - $28.86 based on experience and skill set.
All full-time positions at IFR are eligible to participate in our benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, vacation and sick pay, thirteen paid holiday and retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Must submit a resume, cover letter and 2 references (one professional and one community reference)
Please submit to:
Human Resources Department
Position available until filled
Instituto Familiar de la Raza is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, culture, age, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. People of color are encouraged to apply.
¹ For qualified applicants. Conditions apply. Subject to availability.
² Please note that IFR reserves the right to change its benefits and contributions at any time at its sole discretion.