Si a la Vida –Integrated HIV Services offers a continuum of HIV services to diverse Latino communities in San Francisco, including HIV prevention and mental health services. Our goals are to support Latinos in reducing their risk of HIV infection and transmission; to improve the health and wellbeing of those living with and at risk of HIV; and to reduce stigma related to HIV, sexual orientation and gender identity. We accomplish this through client-centered, nonjudgmental, culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Prevention and Wellness Coordinator oversees implementation of HIV prevention, linkage, and wellness services for the Latino MSM (men who have sex with men) and transgender and gender non-conforming community. These services are provided by a team of health educators and include: HIV testing, individual risk reduction counseling, prevention case management, community awareness activities and group interventions. The Coordinator works closely within a team and collaboratively with partner organizations and programs.
This position is funded through a multi-year contract with the San Francisco Department of Public Health.
Essential Job Duties are, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the implementation of holistic HIV prevention and LGBT wellness services
- Supervise and lead a team of health educators and community outreach workers
- Work closely with the Program Manager on program design and implementation
- Lead planning of HIV testing and community awareness events
- Co-lead collaborative partnerships with other HIV and social service agencies in San Francisco
- Monitoring actively the individual risk reduction sessions, HIV testing, service navigation, and groups activities and providing support/back up as needed
- Oversee prevention data management and prepare monthly reports, enter data as needed
- Attend and actively participate in supervision, agency-wide meetings, and represent the program and agency professionally
- Flexible schedule with ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Maintain the highest level of client confidentiality; follow HIPAA regulations
- Other tasks as assigned by Program Manager
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Minimum 2 years of experience in HIV prevention and/or LGBT health or social services
- Minimum 1 year of experience directly supervising a team of least 4 staff members or volunteers in similar field
- Experience working with people living with HIV, MSM, transgender and gender non-conforming individuals, immigrant communities, and socially and economically disadvantaged Latino communities
- Demonstrated competence in creating spaces that are affirming of diverse sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expression
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation of groups and workshops
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as fostering teamwork
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bicultural competence
- Bicultural competency
- Familiarity working within health care environments and systems
- Experience working in non-profit community agencies
- Knowledge of the San Francisco Latino community, HIV prevention & LGBT wellness services
- Certification in HIV Test Counseling or motivational interviewing
- Experience monitoring expenditures and creating spreadsheets
- Familiar with social media and social marketing
- Experience with curriculum development and program evaluation
- Bachelors of Arts Degree in Public Health, Health Education or related field
Education, Certifications and Licenses
- Associate Arts Degree in Health Education or Public Health, or other related subject required
Conditions of Continued Employment
- Must pass and maintain annual Tuberculosis Test
- Must pass Department of Justice Fingerprint screening
- Complete annual recurrent on-line training
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination upon hire (reasonable accommodation requests will be considered)
The salary range is $58,240 – $62,400 annually depending on qualifications and experience. This is a full time – exempt position with benefits.
All full time positions at IFR are eligible to participate in benefit health plans including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) plan, earn vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, and on-going opportunities for learning.
Please submit your resume and cover letter electronically to: [email protected] Your application should include a resume and thoughtful cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position and professional experience with community-based organizations. Please title your email as Prevention Coordinator_SLV. Please note that both a resume and cover letter are required for consideration.
Instituto Familiar de la Raza, is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, culture, age, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. People of color are encouraged to apply.