Sign-On Bonus Available¹
As a comprehensive outpatient mental health clinic, La Clínica addresses the social, emotional, and spiritual needs of the Chicano/Latino community utilizing traditional, contemporary, and complementary approaches to community mental health.
IFR seeks a bilingual (English/Spanish) mental health professional who is enthusiastic, talented and has experience working with the Chicano/Latino community. This position has primary responsibility for mental health services and case management services to children, adolescents, adults and their families. This position requires a minimum of two years of experience providing behavioral health including psychotherapy, case management, and related services.
Services focus on a range of behavioral health issues, including severe and persistent mental illness, trauma-related conditions, family and intergenerational conflicts, and adjustment problems related to immigration, separation, and reunification.
Essential Job Duties are, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct mental health assessments and diagnose according to DSM 5
- Perform crisis intervention activities as necessary
- Provide behavioral health and co-occurring substance abuse services to families, adults, adolescents, and children, including the severely mentally ill population, within a multidisciplinary team
- Provide direct mental health services and advocacy services as part of the treatment plan
- Coordinate services with staff and community agencies to ensure continuity of services
- Maintain progress notes, billing, and charts in compliance with HIPPA and MediCal
- Comply with all legal and ethical requirements set forth by the Board of Behavioral Science and with the policies of the San Francisco Behavioral Health Department
- Attends CBHS training and implements policies.
- Performs other tasks as assigned and may have additional duties offsite
- Participates in agency meetings and IFR’s sponsored cultural events
- Must be Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Experience providing Family Therapy
- At least two years providing behavioral health services with an emphasis on working with the Chicano/Latino community
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues of diversity in the Latino/Chicano community, especially around sexual orientation, culture, language, and gender
- Evening and Saturdays hours are required
- Systems training
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with public mental health
- Bicultural competency
- Familiar with the Latino population and experience working with the mixed age group
- Group therapy experience
Education, Certifications, and Licenses
- Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology or related behavioral sciences
- Must be license eligible or CA licensed (registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences or Board of Psychology)
Conditions of Continued Employment
- Must submit to a tuberculosis test annually
- Must pass the Department of Justice Fingerprint screening pass
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination upon hire (reasonable accommodation requests will be considered)
Compensation and benefits²
This is a full-time, exempt position with full benefits. The position is 35 hours per week. The incumbent will be hired as either a Mental Health Clinician I or Mental Health Clinician II based on licensure and/or experience. The salary range for a Mental Health Clinician I is $72,500 - $81,500 annually. The salary range for a Mental Health Clinician II is $78,000 - $88,000 annually. The incumbent will be hired as either a Mental Health Clinician I or Mental Health Clinician II based on licensure and/or experience.
All full-time positions at IFR are eligible to participate in benefit health plans, including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) plan, earn vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, and ongoing opportunities for learning.
Please submit your resume and thoughtful cover letter electronically to: [email protected] Please note that both a resume and a cover letter are required for consideration.
Instituto Familiar de la Raza is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, culture, age, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. People of color are encouraged to apply.
¹ First-time applicants hired between April 15, 2023, through December 31, 2023, are eligible for a one-time sign-on bonus. Conditions apply. Subject to availability.
² Please note that IFR reserves the right to change its benefits and contributions at any time at its sole discretion.