Instituto Familiar de la Raza seeks to actively respond to the public health emergency of COVID-19 impacting San Francisco’s Latinx community. The primary goal of IFR’s COVID-19 Response Team is to deliver containment strategies such as health prevention, case investigation, contact tracing, increase access to vaccine education and registration, as well as testing access; provide psychosocial support and referrals for linkages to wrap-around social services.
Under the direct supervision of the COVID Health Coordinator, the Health Outreach Educator will be providing individual, group and collective level health education & prevention to the Latinx-Chicano-Spanish Speaking community of San Francisco.
The Health Outreach Educator is responsible for conducting CT/CI interviews to prevent the spread of COVID-19, in addition to providing individual & community education, and registration conductive to access for the preventive COVID vaccine; furthermore engage community members to psychosocial support, and linkages as referrals to wrap-around social services.
Essential Job Duties are, but not limited to the following:
- Interview and collect data from people who have tested positive for COVID-19 and identify contacts who may have been exposed
- Provide education on prevention and mitigation, including isolation and quarantine guidelines to minimize the risk of potential transmission
- Assist clients and contacts identify any social support needs they may have during self-isolation/self-quarantine and provide referrals and linkages to community resources as needed
- Conduct outreach at essential resources hubs and other places as needed
- Participate in all training to learn procedures for CT/CI, vaccine education & registration, including the use of appropriate software and tracking databases
- Conduct street and venue-based outreach
- Participate in creating multi-media social marketing projects
- Collect service data and enter into database accurately
- Maintain required documentation
- Observe client confidentiality
- Maintain reliable attendance and participation in team and agency meetings
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Education, knowledge skills and abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent background, MEA/CNA Health Certificate (completed or in progress). Preferred experience in community health education or disease intervention
- Ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish and English.(Bicultural competency).
- Knowledge and sensitivity to issues of diversity in the Latinx community including gender, race, language, immigration status, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential client information and maintain ethical boundaries and
- professional conduct
- Ability to take initiative and work independently within a large multidisciplinary team
- Available to work a couple of evenings every week (and some weekends for special events)
- Knowledge of software used for reporting, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases. For example, Microsoft Word and Excel, and social media sites
Conditions of Continued Employment
- Available to work some evenings and weekends (hours are subject to operational needs)
- Must pass and maintain annual Tuberculosis Test
- Must pass Department of Justice Fingerprint screening
- Complete annual recurrent on-line training
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination upon hire (Reasonable Accommodation Requests will be considered)
This is a grant-funded part-time (17 hours/week), non-exempt position without benefits through December 31, 2021. The scale of pay is: $30.00 per hour.
Please submit your resume and cover letter electronically in Word or PDF format to: [email protected]. Please note that both a resume and cover letter are required for consideration.
Instituto Familiar de la Raza, is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, culture, age, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. People of color are encouraged to apply.