Under direction of the Fiscal Director and te Senior Staff Accountant supports, the position performs a variety of accounting duties and is cross-trained in accounts receivable, cash management and other accounting processes. Performs general ledger accounting and account reconciliation, financial reporting, and back-up duties in payroll processing and other accounting functions. Essential Job Duties are, but not limited to the following:
Essential Job Duties are, but not limited to the following:
Requires familiarity with general accounting principals, accounts payable, accounts receivable, accrual accounting, auditing, balance sheets, bank deposits, bank reconciliation, debits and credits, deferral transactions, depreciation, financial statements general ledger, inventory transactions, nonprofit accounting, journal entries, and notes.
Reviews purchase orders and requisitions, and invoices to verify accuracy of the vendor information, amounts, and account codes assigned, processes approved budget requests, ensures appropriate authorizations, signatures and availability of funds; generates checks and assists with entering transitions into the general ledger.
Balances and reconciles vendor statements to payments made; batches and processes invoices for payment; audits and balances daily cash receipts; tracks remaining balances; prepares and processes vendor payment claims forms. Balances and reconciles monthly credit card statements, and enters credit card transitions into the financial system.
Researches accounts payable and fiscal/budget transactions and works with program leaders to prepare correcting entries; audits and resolves errors and discrepancies and changes the status of open and past due invoices.
Reviews and verifies invoices, organizes daily receipts, purchase orders, files checks with supporting documents; maintains various financial records, including annual files, account changes, budget and vendor transitions, maintains the vendor master file for accounts payable purposes; maintains employee information on the system and generates year end reports.
Maintains financial security by following internal controls; recommends accounting policies and procedures; assist in responding to outside auditor and assists program directors in strengthening accounting and cash handling procedures
Performs office support activities that include mail sorting and distribution, answering phones and greeting staff and visitors; coping reports for distribution; assisting coworkers and producing ad hoc reports.
Performs other accounting duties as assigned and must willing to collaborate with others in a small team environment.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Skills in accounts payable/receivables and cash management
- Proficient in Excel
- Attention to detail, accuracy and completeness
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and keep filling and work product up- to-date
- Excellent oral and written communication, strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative thinking skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others
- Ability and willingness to cross-training and work in a team-based environment
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Experience in nonprofit or public sector
Education, Certifications and Licenses
- Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, plus three years of general accounting experience.
- Must pass and maintain annual Tuberculosis Test.
- Must pass Department of Justice Fingerprint screening.
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination upon hire (reasonable accommodation requests will be considered)
This position this is a full- time position with benefits. IFR's normal work week is 35 hours per week. All full-time positions are eligible to participate in a fully paid medical health plan, including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) plan, earned vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, and ongoing learning opportunities.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in a Word format to Human Resources at: [email protected]
Instituto Familiar de la Raza, is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, culture, age, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. People of color are encouraged to apply.