Casa Corazón provides Family Support Services programs within IFR. Program services include parent-child interactive groups, case management, parenting classes, parent leadership development, etc. Utilizing a model that supports family resilience, cultural diversity, and community empowerment, Casa Corazón helps ensure that Chicano/Latino families receive the support they need to remain safe and healthy.
Casa Corazón grew out of the Family Resource System movement to ensure that families receive a continuum of support and services to enhance the family resilience. In response to the needs of Chicano/Latino families in San Francisco, Instituto Familiar de la Raza and three other organizations established the Chicano/Latino Family Resource System.
Essential Job Duties are, but not limited to the following:
- Provides family support services: parenting classes, support groups, parent/child interactive groups, child watch, parent consultations, information and referrals, etc.
- Conducts data collection and reporting
- Supports food distribution efforts and transports food boxes as need to community partners in the city their personal vehicle
- Provides advocacy services and perform other duties as assigned
- High School plus one year of community based experience working with families. The high school diploma will substitute with four years of additional related work experience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in Spanish
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge and sensitivity to issues of diversity in the Latino/Chicano community including that of gender, race, language, sexual orientation, immigration and socio-economic status
- Tasks include standing, lifting, squatting and bending regularly
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds regularly
- Available to work evenings and weekends
Conditions of Continued Employment
- Must pass and maintain annual Tuberculosis Test
- Must pass Department of justice Fingerprint screening
- Complete online recurrent online training
- Current driver’s license (Class C)
- Must have access to a vehicle to distribute the food boxes (will receive mileage reimbursement)
The hourly rate of pay is $20.50, working 35 hours per week. This is a grant-funded, non-exempt position until June 30, 2021.
IFR positions working more than 17.50 hours per week are eligible to participate in our health benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) plan, earn vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, and on-going opportunities for learning.
Please send your resume and cover letter: [email protected]
Instituto Familiar de la Raza, is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, culture, age, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. People of color are encouraged to apply.