La Clinica Program
Hiring Range is $26.39-$30.88 per hour
Instituto Familiar de la Raza, Inc. is a multi-service community health and social service agency with an emphasis in serving the Chicano/Latino/Indigena community in San Francisco with a particular focus on the diverse needs of the Mission District. Services include a wide range of mental health, HIV related services, and social services including health promotion, education, prevention, early intervention, case management, clinical, psychological and psychiatric interventions as well as cultural/social and spiritual re-enforcement. The agency serves children, youth, adults, and families; it has a rich history of working collaboratively with other agencies to meet the needs of the diverse Chicano/Latino communities, and other cultural/racial communities in San Francisco.
Job/ Program Description
La Clínica is seeking a bilingual (in English/Spanish) Case Manager, who is enthusiastic, resourceful and has experience working with the Chicano/Latino/Indigena community. This position will provide targeted case management services such as Mental Health Screening (this includes, but is not limited to, assessing needed medical, educational, social, prevocational, vocational, rehab, and other community services). The Case Manager will work to support individuals and families on an interdisciplinary team.
La Clínica is a comprehensive outpatient mental health clinic, addressing the social, emotional, and spiritual needs of the Chicano/Latino/Indigena community utilizing traditional, contemporary, and complementary approaches to community mental health. Services focus on a range of behavioral health issues, including severe and persistent mental illness, trauma-related conditions, family issues, intergenerational conflicts, adjustment problems related to immigration, and among others.
Essential Job Duties are, but not limited to the following
- Provide health promotion, prevention, and education services
- Participate in designated outreach activities to community members
- Identify organizations and providers to provide referrals based on clients’ needs
- Maintain required documentation for case management activities
- Conduct comprehensive review of client’s health and psychosocial needs, make action plans with clients and conduct ongoing follow-up
- Provide intake for health, social services, workforce opportunities, and eligibility for benefits
- Meet with clients individually or as a group to establish care plans and interventions to support their social well being
- Provide Case Manager services to adult clients receiving Psychiatric/Medication support.
- Work with assigned Mental Health Clinician to coordinate the delivery of social service support for clients
- Document all encounters/contacts in the client records and maintains statistical data as requested
- Manage a caseload as assigned by the Program Director or assigned supervisor
- Complete monthly reports to Program Director and to funding sources when needed
- Participate in collaborative meetings, inter-agency trainings and meetings, and other events as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bilingual English-Spanish
- Knowledge of case management practices
- Previous experience providing services to people experiencing mental health issues
- Demonstrated cultural competency in addressing the diversity of the Latino community including: gender, race, language, sexual orientation and socio-economic status
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Experience with collaborative work
- Bicultural competence
- Experience in a non-profit community agency
Education and Experience
Combination of experience equivalent with a Bachelor's Degree plus one year experience human services activity
Conditions of Continued Employment
- Must pass and maintain annual Tuberculosis Test
- Must pass Department of Justice Fingerprint screening
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with benefits; the hiring range is $26.39 to $30.88 per hour (based on skill set and experience).
All full time positions at IFR are 35 hours per week and are eligible to participate in medical health benefit plans including dental, vision, sick leave, thirteen paid holidays and on-going opportunities for learning.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and thoughtful cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
Please note resume without a cover letter will not be considered.
IFR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter