Instituto Familiar de la Raza is prepared to respond to the public health emergency that COVID-19 has had on the San Francisco’s Latinx community. As studies have shown, COVID-19 disproportionately impacts low-income, monolingual Spanish speaking Latinxs. The primary goal of IFR’s COVID-19 Response Team is to deliver containment strategies (health education, case investigation, contact tracing), increase access to testing, and provide psychosocial support and referrals and linkages to wrap-around social services.
IFR seeks a Case Manager who is enthusiastic, resourceful and has experience working with the Chicano/Latino/Indigena community. This position will provide targeted case management services, including but not limited to, assessing needed medical, educational, social, prevocational, vocational, rehab, and other community services related to the COVID-19 response. The Case Manager will work to support individuals and families as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Essential Job Duties are, but not limited to the following:
- Provide health promotion, prevention, and education services
- Participate in designated outreach activities to community members
- Identify organizations and providers to provide referrals based on clients’ needs
- Maintain required documentation for case management activities
- Conduct comprehensive review of client’s health and psychosocial needs, make action plans with clients and conduct ongoing follow-up
- Provide intake for health, social services, workforce opportunities and eligibility for benefits
- Meet with clients individually or as a group to establish care plans and interventions to support their social well-being
- Document all encounters/contacts in the client records and maintains statistical data as requested
- Manage a caseload as assigned by the Program Director or assigned supervisor
- Complete monthly reports to Program Director and to funding sources when needed
- Participate in collaborative meetings, inter-agency trainings and meetings, and other events as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Education and Skills
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a four-year degree in public health, social work or a related field plus two years case management experience. One year of relevant experience is equivalent to one year of education (vice versa).
- Bilingual English-Spanish
- Knowledge of case management practices
- Experience providing services to people experiencing mental health issues
- Demonstrated cultural competency in addressing the diversity of the Latino community including: gender, race, language, sexual orientation and socio-economic status
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Knowledgeable in basic medical terminology
- Bicultural competence
- Experience in a non-profit community agency and working in with collaborations
- Experience in working with individuals impacted by COVID
- Knowledge basis of COVID-19
Conditions of Continued Employment
- Must submit to a tuberculosis test
- Must pass Department of Justice Fingerprint screening pass
This is a full-time non-exempt position with benefits. The hiring rate of pay for Case Manager II is: $24.08 - $26.28; the hiring rate of pay for Case Manager III is $25.88 - $30.21. The incumbent will be hired as either a Case Manager II or Case Manager III based on skill set and experience.
All full-time positions at IFR are 35 hours per week and are eligible to participate in medical health benefit plans including dental, vision, sick leave, thirteen paid holidays and on-going opportunities for learning.
Please submit your resume and thoughtful cover letter electronically in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com. Please note that both a resume and cover letter are required for consideration.
Instituto Familiar de la Raza, is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, culture, age, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. People of color are encouraged to apply.