Under direction of the Fiscal Director, the Senior Staff Accountant supports, coordinates and has cross functional general accounting responsibilities, including functioning as the full cycle payroll administrator using ADP Workforce Now (semi-monthly), accounts payable and other duties for the agency.
Essential Job Duties are, but not limited to the following:
- Processes semi-monthly payroll using ADP Workforce Now and prepares manual checks for final payroll checks.
- Ensure all Payroll accounting entries are complete, accurate, and recorded in a timely manner.Audit payroll data for accuracy, including performing reconciliation between the general ledger and bank accounts and investigating any unresolved discrepancies.
- Prepares monthly reports, including but not limited to W-4, direct deposit and benefit deductions, monitor accruals of Vacation and Sick hours, payroll-related journals in SAGE100.
- Processes and supports the 403(b) retirement benefits program by processing paycheck deferrals, loans, distributions, annual census and Cafeteria 125 census.
- Problem-solves payroll and accounting matters with Agency employees and works closely with HR staff in supporting and educating employees on payroll and benefit matters.
- with general accounting principals, accounts payable, accounts receivable, accrual accounting, auditing, balance sheets, bank deposits, bank reconciliation, debits and credits, deferral transactions, depreciation, financial statements general ledger, inventory transactions, nonprofit accounting, journal entries, and notes.
- Facilitate full cycle accounts payable, including obtaining approval of vendor invoices, coding, data entering invoices and processing payments in SAGE 100.
- Process employee expense reports, and reconcile advance payments with staff.
- Assist and/or approves cash disbursements by verifying check amounts against invoices, authorizing checks and wire transfers.
- Monthly bank reconciliation and reporting
- Maintains cash flow by monitoring bank balances and cash requirements; investing excess funds.
- in accounts payable/receivables and cash management
General Ledge and Miscellaneous Duties:
- Establish and maintain a journal entry system that provides proper supporting information for all JE’s made to the accounting records.
- Maintain all files and records in accordance with policies and procedures in an organized manner.
- Prepare audit file; provide support to and gather necessary account information and documents for external auditors and other reviews.
- Renews business insurance by scheduling values including personal and real property, computers, equipment, etc. and accounts receivable.
- Assist to develop budgets, financial statements and providing accounting budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Assist to develop accounting operational standards and procedures to support cross functional agency-wide financial and budget plans to support strategic plans and reviews; productivity, quality, and contracts standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Backs-up the Peer Sr. Accountant and the Fiscal Director as needed.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Payroll, accounts payable, general acceptable accounting principles and cash management
- Knowledge of full cycle payroll and accounts payable
- Ability to organize, priorities, and keep filling and work product up- to-date to promote productivity and efficiency
- Solid accounting background, with knowledge of ADP Workforce Now, and/or SAGE 100
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication, strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others
- Ability and willingness to cross-training and teach other basic financial/ budget principles
Education, Certifications and Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or General Business, plus three years of general accounting experience with one year of the 3 years in full cycle payroll, reporting and reconciliation or a combination of education and experience equivalent to 7 years of experience in general accounting and payroll.
- Must pass and maintain annual Tuberculosis Test
- Must pass Department of Justice Fingerprint screening
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination upon hire (reasonable accommodation requests will be considered)
This position this is a full- time position with benefits. IFR's normal work week is 35 hours per week. All full-time positions are eligible to participate in a fully paid medical health plan, including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) plan, earn vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, and on-going opportunities for learning.
Please submit your resume and thoughtful cover letter electronically to: [email protected] Please note that both a resume and cover letter are required for consideration.
Instituto Familiar de la Raza, is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, culture, age, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. People of color are encouraged to apply.