This leadership position oversees the direction and day-to-day operations of Si a la Vida and the Latino Wellness Center. This includes overseeing a team of 20+ individuals, completion of contract objectives, contract management, program planning, development and oversight, data management, and program implementation. This position reports to the Deputy Director.
Si a la Vida/Latino Wellness Center offers a continuum of HIV and LGBTQ+ wellness services to Latinos in San Francisco including sexual health, counseling, behavioral health, and community engagement services. Our goals are to promote the health and wellness of LGBTQ+ Latinos; reduce the risk of HIV infection and transmission; to improve the health and well-being of those living with and at risk of HIV; and to reduce stigma related to HIV, sexual orientation and gender identity. We accomplish this through client-centered, nonjudgmental, culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to the following:
Program Planning and Development
- Provides leadership in implementing the program in alignment with IFR's mission, vision, and operating principles
- Coordinates and manages the day-to-day functions of the program and Latino Wellness Center, including completion of contract objectives, invoicing, program planning and design, development and oversight, and data management
- Prepares progress reports, quarterly reports, annual contract renewal and other reporting requirements
- Oversees the coordination and implementation of Miss & Mr. Safe Latino, IFR’s annual LGBTQ+ community celebration
Partnership and Relationship Building
- Serve as an agency representative to key stakeholder groups, including community members, service providers, government agencies, and private funders to coordinate and leverage service delivery
- Maintain an active presence in relevant community initiatives and collaborative efforts to address issues that impact the life and outcomes of people living with and at risk for HIV, and the Latinx LGBTQ+ community
- Attens monthly and/or quarterly meetings held by funding agencies
- Assist in developing budgets for multiple program areas under the direction of the Deputy/Fiscal Director
- Monitor the budget and approves all necessary invoices related to the program, including the procurement of materials, supplies and equipment for the program
- Oversee fiscal compliance for program funding and the annual modification process
- Assist in grant writing efforts and identifies new grant/funding opportunities
Leadership and Staff Development
- Oversees the recruitment, selection, and onboarding of Si a la Vida staff, in coordination with HR
- Supervises, evaluates and provides professional development to staff, including Program Manager, Program Liaison, Prevention & Wellness Coordinator, and COVID-19 Response Team Coordinator
- Leads and facilitates staff meetings and individual supervision meetings
- Conducts annual performance evaluation process and professional development plans
- Attends regular supervision meetings with the Executive Director
- A Bachelor's degree in public health, social work,health administration or related field, AND a minimum of three (3) years of management experience providing prevention and education services, LGBTQ health and wellness services, care coordination, and/or service delivery
- At least two years of experience in supervising staff, leading teams, and in administrative and other managerial duties
- Direct experience working with people living with HIV, men who have sex with men (MSM), individuals engaged in sex work, individuals who are homeless/marginally-housed, immigrant communities, and deep knowledge of issues impacting the LGBTQ+ community
- Demonstrated competence in fostering spaces that are affirming of diverse sexual orientations, gender identities and expression
- Familiar with the Latinx community in and around the San Francisco/Bay Area
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- English-Spanish bilingual/bicultural
- Master’s Degree in public health, social services, or related field strongly preferred
- Knowledge of program administration and/or evaluation of HIV services programs
Conditions of Continued Employment
- Must submit to a tuberculosis test annually
- Must pass Department of Justice Fingerprint screening pass
This is a full time, exempt position with full benefits. The position is 35 hours per week. The hiring range for this position is $75,750 - $78,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
All full time positions at IFR are eligible to participate in benefit health plans including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) plan, earn vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, and on-going opportunities for learning.
Please submit your resume and thoughtful cover letter electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that both a resume and cover letter are required for consideration.
Instituto Familiar de la Raza, is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, culture, age, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. People of color are encouraged to apply.