IFR seeks a conscientious and motivated Executive Assistant to perform high-level confidential secretarial and administrative duties for IFR's Executive Director, Leadership, Concilio, and administrative staff as needed. Under the general direction and supervision of the Executive Director, this key organizational position requires a willingness to learn the agency’s programs, functions and procedures, and assist in organizing, coordinating and prioritizing the schedule, workflow and calendar of the Executive Director. This position also requires flexibility in the execution of duties with some evenings and Saturday assignments.
Essential Job Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain Executive Director’s daily calendar; schedules appointments, conferences, and meetings, and travel arrangements
- Prepare necessary background materials for Executive Director’s scheduled meetings, including organization of agenda notices, and composes and distributes a variety of basic correspondence for Executive’s approval and signature, forms, reports, and spreadsheets, and tables
- Interface at the management level both internally and externally on matters relating to the Executive Director’s activities and requirements
- Receives and screens telephone calls, reviews voice mail messages and, if necessary, makes proper referrals to other staff members, and/or provides appropriate and timely response
- Receive mail and administers organizational correspondence daily, including review and independent response, and takes appropriate action when possible
- Keep Executive Director informed of all correspondence, phone calls, deadlines requiring immediate response or that are time sensitive
- Provide assistance with the preparation of proposals and/or contract packages, including typing and collection of materials or documents in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain recordkeeping and filing systems
- Assist with coordination and organization of special projects and annual community events in conjunction with organizational programs and other community agencies
- Maintain filing of Executive Director’s projects, programs’ contracts, notes, articles, etc.
- Organize work effectively to meet office’ deadlines
- Continually update fundraising database records
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events
- Handle all administrative details associated with any fundraising meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.).
- Prepare fundraising media materials for distribution. (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing)
- Assemble fundraising media and donor kits for events and meetings
- Provide front desk coverage as needed based on IFR’s operational changes
- Translation of documents from English to Spanish and vice versa
- Assist the Leadership Circle and Concilio with complex administrative tasks on a regular and ongoing basis, including Human Resources, Fiscal, and Program Administration
- Operate standard office equipment
- Participate in agency meetings and IFR’s sponsored cultural events
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication, strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of nonprofit administration and nonprofit Board processes
- Demonstrated initiative at problem-solving and multi-tasking
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills
- Experience editing and proofreading documents
- Self-motivated, fast learner, reliable and flexible
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team structure
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Experience working within a health care system and a non-profit community agency
Education, Certifications, and Licenses
- Associate Arts degree plus five years of high level administrative experience supporting managerial or executive staff
- Must pass and maintain annual tuberculosis test
- Must pass Department of Justice fingerprint screening
- Complete annual recurrent online training
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position exempt position with benefits, The pay range is $50,000 - $60,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Please submit your resume and thoughtful cover letter electronically to: email@example.com. Please note that both a resume and cover letter are required for consideration.
Instituto Familiar de la Raza, is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, culture, age, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. People of color are encouraged to apply.